Affordable Hotels and Resorts near Disney
Affordable hotels and great travel deals aren’t too hard to find around the theme park areas of Florida. One destination that gets overlooked is Kissimmee, which practically borders Disney property. We’ve put together a list of lodging alternatives that are similar to many Disney resorts, yet the price is just right!
- Instead of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, check into Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center. Gaylord Palms offers luxury lodging and a wide array of amenities, complete with lush grounds and an onsite spa. Gaylord Palms offers packages and seasonal specials and sits on 63 acres and is only five minutes from Walt Disney World Theme Parks.
- Instead of Port Orleans Resort, check into Quality Suites Royale Parc Suites – Not only does Royale Parc Suites offer a French Quarter feel, but you’ll also have FREE breakfast, FREE shuttles to area theme parks, and FREE internet.
- Instead of Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, check into Star Island Resort and Club. Star Island is more upscale and spacious that the Moderate Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. Accommodations begin with mini-suites and can go up to a 1400 sq ft three bedroom suite. Similar to Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Star Island Resort offers family friendly amenities and activities, including a game room, themed resort pool, restaurants, and a lake.
- Instead of Disney’s All Star Movies Resort, check into Seralago Hotel and Suites. Seralago Hotel and Suites is a budget-friendly family hotel that offers similar amenities as Disney’s All Star Movies. With two olympic size pools, arcade, kiddie play areas, and activities such as free nightly family movies at the in-hotel theater, you might night want to leave the resort. Families on a budget will appreciate the in-room microwaves and refrigerators and the complimentary resort shuttles.
- Instead of Disney’s All Star Music Resort, check into Celebration Suites at Old Town. Celebration Suites at Old Town are basic accommodations with plenty of space for a family. This all suite property offers apartment style lodging with full kitchens in each unit and is located next door to Old Town entertainment center. Be sure to take advantage of the FREE shuttle to Walt Disney World Resort.
- Instead of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Cabins, check into the Kissimmee/Orlando KOA Campground Kottages. The Kissimmee/Orlando KOA Campground not only offers campsites for tents and RVs, but also KOA Lodges for those wanting the cabin feel. The lodges sleep six and provide a full kitchen area for mealtime.
If you’re looking for affordable luxury lodging inside Walt Disney World’s gates, be sure to take a look at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek. Don’t forget to check out our fun tips for planning a Disney vacation and our list of top sites for Disney deals and tips.
there are some resorts and orlando is always a good family vacation spot
Great suggestions! I like how you compared a Disney resort to other resorts/hotels in the area. Everything is so close in the Orlando area, it is a great way to save! Thank you for your research!
Comments are closed.