Teachers hold a special place in my heart. Not only are they the souls who teach our future, but there are also a good number of teachers in my family. My aunt is a first grade teacher in Alabama and my sister in law is a middle school French teacher here in Louisiana. I also have my children’s teachers who have made their mark and helped direct my children in their current paths. The teachers in the Zachary Community School District Gifted Program are a small group who have made a major impact in my own family’s life. If it wasn’t for their hard work and inspiration, many exceptional students would be left to find ways to enhance the school experience on their own, including my son.
He’s had some amazing teachers in elementary who encouraged his love of science and math. His curriculum included a few out of town day trips to enhance the learning process. As you can see by this photo below from one of his field trips, he liked bugs at the time.
Rayovac is recognizing the hard work and dedication inspiring teachers put forward for their students and how they bring learning to life in the classroom. With Teacher Appreciation Week coming up (May 2-6), there’s no better time than the present to show teachers how much they are appreciated. Rayovac has partnered with Steve Spangler Science to host the Teachers Bring Science to Life Contest:
- Students, parents and administrators have the opportunity to nominate an amazing K-6 educator for a chance to win one of three all-expense paid trips to Steve Spangler’s Science in the Rockies July 6-8, 2011 – an intensive three-day, hands-on science training held in Denver, CO offering creative science integration strategies. Teachers can even nominate themselves for this unique experience!
- Rayovac will accept nominations at www.rayovac.com/science beginning May 2 – May 16, 2011
- Teachers and those that would like to recognize an extraordinary teacher can fill out the online entry form and submit an up to 300-word essay explaining why the teacher nominee would benefit from this amazing professional development experience
- From the submissions, Rayovac will select three inspiring teachers to win the all-expense paid trip to attend Steve Spangler Science in the Rockies 2011 – http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/teacher_training
- Additionally, Rayovac will award the three nominators of the three winning teachers with a $100 gift card to a major retailer
- For more information, the official contest rules and the entry form can be found at www.rayovac.com/science
I encourage you to nominate a teacher who has made an impact in your life. You just never know who they may inspire to greatness.
This post is part of the Rayovac Power Panel, of which I am a part of.