Earlier this week I flew to San Francisco, California to Blurb Headquarters. I not only learned about the current ways to share vacation photos and stories in print, but also a new fun mobile app to share photos, videos, and the memories we all make while on vacation. I’m always on the lookout for mobile travel apps.
It just became available for download and can be installed for free, with limited capability. For $1.99 more, users can unlock the ability to access more themes, add more images, and record longer videos and audio clips. I downloaded the full version of Blurb Mobile this morning as soon as it was available and began to play with it. It only took a few minutes to put together a story using video and photos already on my phone.
To see my Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando story with tips, check it out on Blurb Mobile: My Universal Orlando Blurb Story. Currently, the story cannot be embedded into a website or blog, but may be available for embed in the next few weeks. Blurb Mobile does allow instant sharing on social media sites Twitter and Facebook and allows for emailing from your iPhone.
Blurb Mobile for iPhone
Blurb Mobile is a fun, fast, public or private, way to create stories featuring all your personal media. Using an iPhone and Blurb’s new mobile app, you can easily capture and sequence your photos and videos into short engaging visual stories that can be instantly shared and viewed by friends and family… anywhere, anytime.
- Quickly create fun visual stories using Blurb Mobile.
- Import your photos, video and audio assets.
- Direct access to iPhone’s camera and camera roll.
- Easy editing of media: rotate, crop, scale, drag and drop sequencing.
- Attach audio clips to images.
- Text caption each image.
- Share a story on Facebook, Twitter, or, eMail.
- Instantly create and share from a social setting, travel location, a personal moment, or, an important event.
- Organize your photos and video by stories.
- Each Blurb story can be tagged for location.
- Compatible with iPhone’s using iOS 4.0, or later.
- iPhone 4, 3Gs or 3g.