When I leave for a Mama trip, I not only have to pack for myself, but there are so many things to do at home to leave my family taken care of. I’ve got to make sure my daughter had clean school uniforms, I have to stock up on groceries, and I also need to make things easy on my husband when it comes to dinner preparation.
While I’m all about healthy snacks on road trips and trying to lead a healthier lifestyle, let’s face it, sometimes we’re just looking for convenience. Fortunately, Schwan’s not only offers healthy meal choices, but delivers to my neighborhood and it makes my life so much easier to stock easy-to-prepare meals that even my teen daughter can cook. I’m able to leave town knowing that my family will have a hot, comforting meal each evening I’m away. I can even order online, pay via credit card, and have the meals delivered to my doorstep in a freezer bag that keeps the items cool for at least eight hours until someone at the house can put them in the freezer. If that’s not the ultimate in convenient shopping, I don’t know what is!
Our most recent Schwan’s dinner was:
- Schwan’s Fresco by Scotto Baked Ziti – Rich combination of three cheeses: Ricotta, Mozzarella and Parmesan baked with ziti pasta and a flavorful tomato sauce. Ready to eat in 15 minutes or less.
- Schwan’s Five Cheese Garlic French Bread – Crisp and tender French loaves are sliced in half and generously topped with sweet roasted garlic and five big cheese flavors—Mozzarella, Provolone, white and yellow Cheddars and tangy Romano. Fabulous hot out of the oven served with your favorite Italian entrée or a bowl of soup. Also wonderful when grilled and served with burgers or steaks.
- Schwan’s Chocolate Ice Cream (dessert) – Rich and creamy, mellow and smooth, this slow-churned milk chocolate ice cream is the chocolate purist’s choice. Nothing gets in the way of this All-American favorite. It might just win some points with the vanilla ice cream lovers too!
Here’s what my daughter thought about this Schwan’s Baked Ziti:
- Like TravelingMamas.com on Facebook
- Like Schwan’s on Facebook
- Tweet this contest (be sure you’re following @TravelingMamas and @Schwans on Twitter)