Last year was an amazing year of growth at TravelingMamas.com. Not only did our traffic soar, but our contributing writer lineup grew as well. We hosted some fabulous events and worked with amazing brands. In 2011, we have even more things planned, with group trips, a magazine launch (we’ll tell you more about that later), and lots of travel memories to create. I declared on Twitter that 2010 was the Year of Cruise Travel and boy was it ever! Cruise booking numbers increased, as did the overall prices of cruises. Yes, there were a few snafus where cruise travel was involved, but as in any type of transportation, sometimes things don’t always go as planned.
This year I think cruise travel will still be one of the hot travel trends, but I’m declaring 2011 The Year of the Passport. I think more Americans will travel internationally in 2011 than in previous years.
We’d love to know what you already have planned for your travels this year and if it includes a cruise or travel with a passport. Here’s a sneak peek of what travel stories, events, and trips are set for the first few months of 2011 here at TravelingMamas.com, but please keep in mind this an ever growing list as we confirm new trips and adventures. We’re always up for spontaneous travel adventures.
- International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas
- Krewe of Artemis Mardi Gras Soiree in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Island of Lanai, Hawaii
- Disney Dream Christening Voyage
- Blissdom Conference at Gaylord Opryland in Nashville, TN
- Walt Disney World (National Dance Team Competition)
- North Carolina Mom Blogger’s Conference – Ocean Isle Inn
- San Francisco
- Mardi Gras all over the Southern United States
- Mardi Gras (Continued)
- Disney Social Media Moms
- South by Southwest (SxSw) in Austin, Texas
- Mom Summit 2.0 in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Venice, Italy
- Carnival Magic Inaugural Cruise through Europe
As you can see, we have a very busy first half of 2011 and there are still a few events yet to be finalized for these months. Do you have any travel plans for 2011? We’d love to hear about them. Plus, we’d love to post your trip review, so don’t be shy.