In a recent survey released by Bing, American travelers are basing their vacation destinations on the best deals and discounts to be found. I don’t know about you, but I’m always searching for travel deals and discounts before booking any hotel, airfare, or purchasing attraction tickets. I want to get the best value for my family when we spend money on making those family travel memories. I work hard to earn my money and when I do spend it on travel, I spend it wisely, making the most out of each dollar.
Regardless of the economy, I’m glad to see families are still taking that summer vacation. Here’s what the survey revealed:
- 66 percent of Americans are more likely to actually choose their vacation destination based on deals and discounts.
- 30 percent of survey respondents left paid vacation days on the table last year because they felt they did not have the money to go on vacation.
- 91 percent of survey respondents cited visiting multiple websites when researching and booking travel
- 20 percent spending at least 10 hours researching trips before booking
- 59 percent spending a minimum of 3 hours of research.
The whopper? One-third of survey respondents say they’d rather get a root canal then spend hours doing the research and planning needed to book a vacation these days.
For those who are still looking to plan a summer getaway, be sure to utilize all Bing Travel has to offer! Bing Travel acts as a one-stop shop for finding great deals, as it aggregates travel deals from over 100 websites, enabling users to find the best deals all in one place. The Price Predictor feature tells users whether flight prices are expected to rise or drop based on historical data, making it easy to know whether it’s time to buy or that cheaper fares are on the way. And through integration with Facebook, Bing not only surfaces who from your social network lives in your destination city, but also shows restaurants, spas and adventures that your friends have “liked.”
In addition to offering great travel deals and tips, Bing teamed up with Dhani Jones, NFL superstar, author of “The Sportsman: Unexpected Lessons from an Around-the-World Sports Odyssey” and former host of the Travel Channel’s “Dhani Tackles the Globe,” to get his tips, recommendations and personal stories on traveling the world. You can check out Dhani’s travel tips on the Bing Blog.
Be sure to subscribe to our RSS Feed to get updated on travel deals as soon as we post them.