South Walton, located along Florida’s Northwest coast, is an area of 15 neighborhoods located along the Gulf Coast. These neighborhoods offer some of the most beautiful beaches I’ve ever seen, and I’ve ben to a few. It may be that this area is close to my heart, being the setting for many family vacations when I was a kid, and I’ve been back as an adult, but whatever the reason, it’s an area of the US not to be missed.
Last summer we took a family beach vacation to Sandestin, one of the neighborhoods of South Walton. It was a few months after the oil spill, but the beaches were miles of sugary white sand, squeaking as our bare feet walked to our beach chairs.
A few years before, I spent some time at Watercolor while working on a bridal story for a magazine where I was on staff. I explored a few of the other neighborhoods, including Seaside and Watersound. I thought the beach in those areas were absolutely perfect.
What I adore most about this beach area is the pristine sand, where you can walk barefoot and not have your feet get cut up. Granted, there may be a small shell here or there, but unlike other coastlines that have small pebbles and rocky areas, here you’ll find nothing but sand under your toes from the dunes all the way into the water.
South Walton wants you to share some of your memories of visiting their area, and give Facebook fans who share photos a chance to enter an amazing contest. From August 15 through October 15, this upscale Northwest Florida destination will celebrate the tradition of the family beach photo with its “Find Your Perfect Beach” Contest, giving visitors the chance to win prizes valued at more than $90,000.
The contest is easy to enter and provides numerous opportunities to win. Facebook fans can simply “like” South Walton at www.Facebook.com/VisitSouthWalton and share photo memories. South Walton visitors who submit photos of their vacations and share why South Walton is their perfect beach destination will have a chance to win a seven-day vacation to the beach neighborhood of their choice, as well as a number of additional prizes.
For those visiting the destination during the contest dates, there is an added bonus: Beach Appreciation Teams will roam the 15 beach neighborhoods each day choosing five families at random to win a free beach portrait sitting from Vacation Portraits Photography.
While the contest is designed to reward the loyal visitors who return to South Walton year after year, those who have yet to discover the destination’s pristine white-sand beaches and turquoise waters can still win valuable prizes by visiting South Walton’s Facebook page and choosing their perfect beach.
To enter the contest, visit the destination’s Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/VisitSouthWalton) and click on the “Find Your Perfect Beach” Contest tab. Entrants could win:
- The Grand Prize – By submitting a South Walton beach photo and sharing why South Walton is their perfect beach destination, fans are entered to win a trip for four to their favorite South Walton beach neighborhood (seven days/six nights), including travel expenses, accommodations and fun activities unique to South Walton.
- Finalist Prizes – 15 entrants, selected by their fellow fans, will each receive a $500 gift card, and will be entered into the drawing for the grand prize.
- Random Voter Prize – Fans who vote for one of the 15 finalists have an opportunity to win as well. One voter will receive a trip for two to South Walton (four days/three nights), including travel expenses and accommodations.
- “New Visitor” Prizes – The contest also invites those who have yet to visit South Walton to pick which beach they’d most enjoy, for the chance to win one of 15 $500 gift cards and a Sony Bloggie.
- Weekly Prizes – Each week during the contest, one entrant’s photo will be selected and featured as South Walton’s Facebook profile image. These winners also receive a $100 gift card.
For more information about South Walton, please visit www.VisitSouthWalton.com or contact the South Walton Visitor’s Center at (800) 822-6877.